Depot48 Presents The BluesFuse with Jive Can
Fri, 25-Aug-2023 | 7 PM Onwards
1. KABIR PANKH is a 28-year-old artist from Delhi, is a singer, composer, and musician on a quest inspired by Kabir. Influenced by luminaries like Shabnam Virmani and Prahlad Tipani, he blends classical training from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya with a direct, spiritually-infused poetic style. Kabir Pankh embodies purity and simplicity in his artistry, reflecting a profound dedication to both his music and spiritual journey. His music takes you to the world of rural Indian folklore and storytelling which is such a fresh of fresh air in the busy hustle and bustle of city life!
2. DEEPIKA MONGA is a versatile singer with experience in both Indian and Western music. She has a powerful and soulful voice, ideal for pop, ballads and jazz. Following her passion, she has developed unique skills in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati and Bengali languages. She has performed live multiple times in Delhi, Chandigarh and Ludhiana, and was also a backup singer to ‘Tareef’ in the Gujarati movie ‘Pela Adhi Akshar’. She also sang in the dramatized musical production of the movie ‘Annie’. Besides Music, she's also a motorcycle enthusiast and runs a successful cold-pressed oils and natural products business!
3. SIMIT AHUJA a Delhi-based singer-songwriter, enchants with a diverse musical journey spanning vocals, guitar, piano, and Cajon. Simit's originals resonate deeply. His musical palette, drawing from influences like John Mayer and Queen, fuses pop, pop-rock, blues, and soul. Notably, Simit stood out among the top 10 in the "GMI SongWeavers Series." Currently crafting his debut album, set for a December 2023 release, Simit Ahuja is poised to cast a spell with his harmonious artistry!
4. HARSH BARAR is a singer-songwriter who explores different musical styles like Pop, Indie folk, jazz, and blues, creating beautiful compositions that tell his personal story in a captivating and melodic way, touching your heart deeply. Starting from writing songs in his own space, Harsh has now taken the stage, releasing his first song in collaboration with The Auduo from New Delhi and LoSchu which has been met with great enthusiasm and even got featured on the renowned platform Rolling Stone #RSdailymusic. He also secured 2nd position in the Berklee "GMI SongWeavers Series."
5. (Opening Band) QAAFILA are an innovative Experimental Rock Band from Delhi, who flaunt a distinct sound with captivating melodies and progressive rhythms. Comprising members Kanha Sharma, Hrishi Pasricha, Samrath Ahuja, and Ashish Titus, the band promises to effortlessly blends Blues, Rock, Funk, and Indian Classical Music. Their debut album, 'Firdaus,' drops in September. Qaafila is set to make their explosive first performance marking the start of an exciting musical journey with us featuring a hearty blend or their originals as well as covers!
6. (Final Act) JIVE CAN Jive Can's musical style is a concoction of Old School Blues with a mix of Contemporary Rock & Funky vibes. Their musical journey since 2015 has been a self-study in playing the Blues genre, fusing it and concocting it. There 4 track EP 'Made Of Clay' has hit all major streaming platforms and is being enjoyed by Blues lovers globally! They will as usual be joined by their musician friends who would be guesting on their set for the night!