Pick up your guitars, plug in the bass, and set the snares. The hunt for the next upcoming band is on, and Fest-O-Comm is where the stage is set. So bring out your rifts, prepare your drum solos and use your vocals to make the audience head bop or make them fall in love with your melodies.
- Each team must contain a minimum of 3 participants and a maximum of 6 participants. Each team will be given a time limit of 15 minutes on stage which includes setup, performance, and clearance. Participants exceeding the time limit will be disqualified and the performance will be interrupted.
- Participants can feel free to perform original content or covers Intercollegiate team formation is permitted. However, one person can only be part of one band.
- Each band must contain at least 1 vocalist and 2 instrumentalists.Pure classical numbers are not permitted. However, classical refrains are permitted.
- The decision of the judges will be considered final.
- The teams who register have to send a video recording of their performance of minimum 2 mins and maximum 6 mins.No mixing or editing of any format is allowed of the video recording sent for the first round, if found any discrepancy the team/band will be disqualified.
- There is no restriction in the scope/type of instruments used.
- The songs’ lyrics and basic melody lines can remain the same while improvisations and creativity in performance/music arrangement are expected.
- The participants who register themselves within the team, only those will be allowed to participate in the final round. No addition of extra members after the elimination round would be allowed.
- Bands are required to bring their own equipment. No musical equipment will be provided by the host college. Only the drum kit and basic tech setup will be provided.
- Bands using foul language will be disqualified.
- Organizers will not be responsible for failure of any kind of instrument of the band.
- Songs/Music from all genres are welcome.
- Decency in costume, gestures, actions, background and the overall performance is expected from every participant.
- The chosen songs, their lyrics and the instruments are subject to verification. In case they fail to adhere to the rules, participants will be asked to change them.
- No recorded or programmed music is allowed, only live performances
- List of instruments (if any) should be mentioned with the smallest details regarding instruments (e.g. hammer with the tabla/ sticks with drum kit) and must be submitted online.
Choice of songs
Creativity in arrangement / Innovation in the overall remake
Uniqueness of performance
Coordination & Timing
Overall Stage Appeal
Round 1: Elimination Round – Bands have to send in their video entries for the event.
Round 2: Finale – The selected bands have to perform live in front of the judges, out of which the winner and runner-up team shall be declared. Maximum 15 minutes will be given to each team which includes the setup, sound check and actual performance.
For more details, contact:
Ashmita Chakrobarty 7086032056
Dhruv Kataria 9619944856
Pranjali Joshi 8849668103
email id: firstname.lastname@example.org